A good network connection allows you to print any document from anywhere but sometimes due to some technical glitches you can lose Wi-Fi connection and thus printing is not happening anymore.
However, not connecting to Wi-Fi is not a big issue but you need an immediate fix to proceed with your work further.
Therefore in a way to connect the canon printer to the wireless network you can use the built-in Wi-Fi button followed by installing the Canon printer.
Reasons, why your printer is not connecting to a Wi-Fi connection:
- The printer must be turned on.
- Your device from where you are printing should connect to some wireless connection as the printer.
- Check that the printer driver is configured.
- Ensure that the wireless router does not lose connection with the printer.
If you are facing this error and if you are not able to solve these issues by yourself and don’t hesitate to contact us on our Canon toll-free number. Our experts will provide you the easiest and the effective ways to solve this error.
Moreover, you can apply this step mentioned below to fix the printer is not connecting error.
- Update printer drivers.
- Check the printer error. Like, error code, flashing light, etc.
you can also check if the ink has run out or not and if there is any paper jam.
- Check the connection issue and show that you are using a proper connection and if it is not then move close your printer to the router.
- Reset the printer
- To reset the printer, turn off the printer by pressing the power button.
- If it has a data cable then disconnect it from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Now, again reconnect the data cable to your printer.
- Connect the power button to the wall outlet and make sure that you are directly connecting it to the power outlet.
- To turn on the printer press the power button.
- Now, print again to check if it is working properly or not.
In case of any existing error or doubts, you can reach out to us by Canon customer service number. (+1-213-357-3494).
You can also solve this issue by using other alternative methods:
You must have available the WPS push button.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- On the top of the printer, click and hold the Wi-Fi button.
- Check that the Wi-Fi button starts showing blue flash.
- Now, go to the access point and click the WPS within two minutes.
Once your printer successfully connects to the wireless network then there is no flashing of green and blue lamps.
For further query regarding this error, contact on Canon Printer Services Number. (+1-213-357-3494).
Confirm that your printer is successfully connected to your wireless network. For that:
- You need to ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Load sheet of A4 size plain paper.
- Keep holding the cancel button until the orange alarm lamp Flash 10 to 15 times.
- Once it flashes 15 times then, release it.
- Now, you will see that the network information on the page will be printed.